Sunday, May 15, 2011

Next Step Completed

Today I installed a trailer brake controller in the truck. When we traded the Jeep, I had them remove the trailer brake controller, no sense buying a new one. I was originally going to have it installed at our local RV shop, however in talking with them, I found our truck has a plug for a plug and play harness. I picked up a harness at their shop and found all I had to do was strip and crimp the wire together, mount the controller and plug it in. Well, after around half an hour, it was installed, and a mighty fine job if I do say so myself, and I do! So now when we find the 5ver for us, that is one less step to worry about.
Luckily, I have a friend who is going to let me borrow his manual sliding hitch, so I can pick up the 5th wheel when I we find one. This way we can bring it back here , then order the proper capture plate from PullRite for the hitch.
So, it looks like things are coming together, now it's just a matter of waiting for the right rig to come along, and to jump on it right away, as they seem to sell rather quickly. That's it for now, so stay tuned and hopefully we'll have a new rig to show off soon.

2 comments:

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

Good work, nothing better than a DIY project that keeps money in your pocket. Add that savings to the new fiver account.

Good hunting!

Skylight Contractors Euless said...

Loved readingg this thank you