Sunday, July 25, 2010

Life in the Slow Lane at the FamCamp

Another week has gone by here at the FamCamp, some of our long timers have begun to move on, leaving us with several open spaces. As they leave, I make a valid attempt to clean up the sites, but some are so overgrown with weeds and grass, I can only get the big stuff. There has also been a slow down in folks passing through (I guess summertime in southern NM is not the greatest of destinations...lol) most folks are just passing through. Like the RVers the rains continue to come and go. Being here in the desert it is pretty cool to watch the rain storms come cross the valley floor, some times they hit us but most just continue on there merry way.


Saturday, I meet some new folks who wanted me to show them around the local mountains. We headed out around 10:00am and travelled some of the same trails as in our last post, so I won't bore you with another lengthy write up. However, I thought I'd post a couple of my favorite shots from the trip. About half way through the trip, the sky's opened up and the rains came making for some very muddy and slippery roads.
Again, thats was our week, fun, rainy, and always interesting watching folks come and go. So take care until next time.

1 comment:

Happytrails said...

Now that is alot of mud!! Great pics!
It seems things have gotten slower here in Georgia as well. I think the heat is keeping folks out of the campgrounds.

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com