Friday, March 9, 2012

Dodged The Bullet, Woo Hoo

Went to the Orthopaedic Doc today and, wait for it.......................NO Surgery required on my knee!!! I do however have a large bone bruise, 1mm fracture and torn knee cushion. He said they will heel on their own over time, but in the meantime a cortisone injection and crutches for 2-3 weeks. We were really worried about it being much more serious along with more aggressive treatment, thank goodness it's not. Lesson Learned, don't be so clumsy (cocky) while hiking. Good thing is, we can go for bike rides without worrying as it's much less stressful on the ol knee.
Speaking of bike riding, fellow blogger, Rick and Kathy commented on Sheryl's bike, that we should pick up a shock absorbing seat post to help with her back. I know it's hard to see in the picture but her bike is a full suspension like mine, so having the rear shock will help with her back being jarred.

Life just keeps getting better and we'll back out there before we know it, well May anyway. Ok, that's the good news of the day, so Keep Lovin Your Life as we do ours and see ya back here shortly!!!

4 comments:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Really glad you dodged that bullet.

You are right even after looking at the picture again (with Magnifying Glass) I couldn't make out Sheryl's bike as being full suspension. If it's still hard on her back keep those tips in mind it will add cushion to her ride.

Again Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

Hey that's great news. Now take it easy and relax while the knee heals.

And while you're at it, keep repeating to yourself: "I'm not a teenager anymore!" ;c)

hobopals said...

Very happy about your knee, Kevin! That really was dodging the bullet.

I was looking at recumbent stationery bike, thinking I could at least keep strength in my legs since my back has stopped me from anything resembling a long walk.

I've seen the ones you can ride on the road, but it would not be a great idea with the traffic around here!

Be careful and let your knee heal.

Mike and Terri said...

Woo Hoo!!! Great news! Hope the recovery continues to go well.