Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Festivities in Small Town USA

 A cold, cloudy and windy day brought the holiday season into town yesterday, Budafest here in Buda, TX. began. We gathered up our Niece and Nephew and headed to downtown for the parade.

 We also let the kids pick out a unique Christmas gift for their parents from one of the many vendors along the parade route.

 They had a ball shopping and looking at all the different and unusual items for sale.

In my usual fashion, I had the camera with me, but got so wrapped up in the festivities, I forgot to take very many pictures. We had fun with the kids and they had fun watching the parade, getting candy and shopping for mom and dad. George and Steph come home tonight from their couples retreat, hopefully refreshed and rejuvenated. This was their first vacation without the youngins. As much as we love our kids, it's nice to have some alone time also.

Tomorrow we leave the Austin area for Dallas and to pick up Sheryl's daughter Kaileigh from the DFW airport. We'll be visiting Kayla and Chris while we are there for a couple of days. Then off to spend the Christmas holidays in OKC.

So, until we see you again from Dallas, keep Lovin Your Life as we do ours........

2 comments:

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

I'm in the same boat as you, I get so caught up in things I miss many great shots. Then half of the ones I do get have my thumb in the way...

Joe and Nancy Conrad said...

I absolute love those small town parades, they are the best.