Saturday, August 14, 2010

If it Wern't for Bad Luck we'd Have no Luck at All

Well between several appointments and general running around, we were able to find time to pick up a new tire to replace the blown out one. Should have seen the tire guys face when I asked him if he could just patch the old one.......lol. At least now the trailer has one brand new tire and 3 preety new tires as the other three were replaced by the previous owner last year. Now just have to get it put on, 100+ degree days sure puts a damper on wanting to do much of anything.
Finally washed the beast, she hasen't had a bath since the last trail ride a few weeks ago and was begining to look alittle rough. I really don't like a dirty vehicle, but it has been raining almost everyday here, be it a little or a lot. Of course we know what rain does to a freshly washed car.......mite as well not even bother. The weather has finally cleared a bit, so I tempted fate and you guessed it, rain last night!!! Well it still looks better than it did.

I'm begining to wonder about my luck with most anything. I picked up this little propane tank at Camping World a couple of weeks ago to use on the new grill (hate messing with those little green bottles) and it works great. Well it worked great till yesterday, I though it was still full, but the grill just sputtered and then wouldn't lite, hmmmm, maybe I left the valve open and all the gas leaked out. Took it to the propane guy to refill and he said it was full, but seems the valve is broken and won't open......great. So I'm stuck with another $50.00 paperweight until I can get back down to Camping World to exchange it in a couple of weeks.
Whats that old saying, If it wern't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all....lol Seems to be the way thing shape up around here sometimes. However, I take it all in stride, as this Fulltiming lifestyle sure beats the heck out of working for a living, and besides, how boring would life be if we didn't have these little hick-ups to keep it interesting.
I want to thank you folks for reading along and taking a couple of minutes to leave a comment or two, sure feels nice to know folks are stopping by to say hi.

1 comment:

Happytrails said...

Glad to hear you got a new tire! I bet that was a "kodak moment" when you asked the tire guy to patch it!!!
Sorry about your propane tank but you'll get it exchanged soon and be good as new.
These kinds of things just keeps us on our toes...and not bored.

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)