Sunday, June 20, 2010

New Flag on the Travel Trailer

I've been trying to figure out, for some time now, how to mount a flag on the Travel Trailer. I didn't want to drill into the trailer, and several of the other options availible are pretty expensive. Then one day, not to long ago, it dawned on me, a regular flag pole holder (like you mount on your house) a U bolt and mount it to the tounge jack. I gather up the parts and low and behold it worked.
As you can see the U bolt holds the flag holder just right, it has also been through some pretty good wind storms here and held up perfectly. So for those of you out there having the same delema I was, there is another option for you.
All in all I'm very happy with the result and belive it turned out pretty darn good.

1 comment:

Keith Redmon said...

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to mount a flag to our travel trailer. I'm retired law enforcement, and my wife is a travel nurse, and we live in our RV. Unless you have a large Class A, you usually get the backin spots. I don't mind those but, a backin spot can hide your flag, if it's ladder mounted and your ladder is on the back. Your hitch will always be facing out. This idea is perfect, and relatively cheap! Thanks!